“More strength to Hope” (Hope House)
Chiara visited the Diocese of Manzini last week and we thought it would be a good idea to have a little prayer gathering and sod cutting done by her. Mr William Kelly, Director of Caritas Swaziland, welcomed us and Mr Harry Nxumalo close the gathering thanking everyone, particularly the Italian Bishops’ Conference. He explained that for a long time they had been dreaming to do this, so this is “a dream come true” thanks to this generous donation.
- to renovate 10 of the 25 units,
- to build a new storeroom and
- a retaining wall (to stop the water from damaging some of the units)
- to update the Hope House’s staff
- to train the patients, their family members and the informal caregivers in palliative care, methods to deal with the pain and loss, precautions to avoid infection and other related matters,
- to recruit a physiotherapist